Early 2013 MBPr Screen bleed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bodders, Jul 13, 2015.

1. bodders macrumors newbie

bodders

Hi Everyone,

I bought a Mabook Pro Retina (2.4 i7, 16GB RAM, 1GB GPU) in April 2013, but I'd changed jobs shortly after and hadnt really used my MBP much. Now that I've started using it more, Ive remembered that I had slight (I think) light bleed (photo to follow). I've got AppleCare, so it's still in warranty until April next year.

My question is, if I take it in for repair, will I get the same model(?) screen replaced, or will I run the risk of having a 'staingate' screen? I asumme that my Macbook would also come under the recently announced Repair programme?

As I'm sure you all remember, there was an ongoing issue with Samsung v LG panels. Would this still be part of my gamble, or has this since been sorted?

Many thanks

B

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

The stain gate seems to be a problem with the antiglare coating coming off a few of the retina screens the make seems to have no bearing.

Both the samsung and the LG screens have had issues and some people prefer the colour warmth on one over the other but it doesn't matter which you get every screen has a chance of getting a problem. If the light bleed is only visisble on a shutdown black screen or some such it's not worth worrying about.

3. bodders thread starter macrumors newbie

bodders

Thank you for your reply. To be honest, reading some of the horror stories, I think my slight light bleed is probably something some people would kill for!

4. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi I have a Mid 2012, and the screen was replaced due to the Apple Store scratched the screen, they had no problem replacing the screen, however it was replaced with another LG display, however it has no ghosting issues surprisingly. I have a Canadian Macbook Pro, while I was in Hong Kong when they scratched it. the Apple Store was Hong Kong IFC Mall