Early 2013 MBPR vs Late 2013 MBPR top spec battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LEOMODE, Dec 1, 2013.

1. LEOMODE, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

LEOMODE macrumors regular

Hi I was wondering if the battery life is similar between these two. (Note I excluded the basic model because it doesn't have a dedicated GPU unlike the early 2013).

Early 2013 MBPR with either basic model or top CTO

VS

Late 2013 MBPR with 750M

I saw it somewhere that battery life wasn't that different between these 2, except with the Iris Pro only model which provided a better battery life to advertise at the keynote presentation.

Any real life user or whoever experienced the battery life can share with us on the battery life?

Thanks so much.

2. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

3. LEOMODE, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? So I heard that if you use integrated graphics, the battery life is about 1-2 hour different depending on the usage between the two (early 2013 vs late 2013).

But when it comes to dedicated graphics, I heard that the battery life is about the same.

Is this true?

4. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

5. kaellar macrumors 6502

yes, it is. dGPUs are the same albeit different names, and the battery life when using dGPU is almost identical. for the battery life with the iGPU Apple claims an additional hour of work, and reviewers say its true - late 2013 rMBP gets 1-2 additional hours of work in that usage scenario.

6. LEOMODE thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks if it's only 1hr different i can live with that using early 2013 refurb but extra 2 hrs is a lot.