Early 2013 rMBP Freezing issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Hampo7, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Hampo7 macrumors newbie

After upgrading to the lastest OS Mavericks, i have been found that my 13"rMBP freezes quite frequently.

This requires a complete shut down (holding the power button to reboot) as it does not seem to unfreeze otherwise. has been left for an hour and still didnt unfreeze.

I've lost several pieces of work since this and would like to get the issue resovled as i cant afford to be redoing coursework!! (Currently final year of university)

I see the Late rMPB are having some issues with the new software. Is anybody else with Early 13 rMBP experiencing any similar issues?

2. Benjamin99 macrumors member

I have an early 13" rMBP and can say that I have not had any issues like this after upgrading to Mavericks. But will keep an eye on this in case I do.

3. unphased macrumors newbie

I am getting this with a Mid 2012 rMBP 15" that I kept on ML for a while then caved and upgraded to Mavericks. For the first month or so, things were actually quite smooth and I thought I got away with it.

Then it started doing this. Exactly as you describe. No idea how to go about troubleshooting this. It's a real bummer.

4. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

contact apple! or get to a genius bar if possible...

5. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

No need to do that yet. For a lot of people, this issue occurred when doing an in-place upgrade to Mavericks. If you haven't done so already, back up your machine, then reformat the drive and perform a clean install. A lot of people on these forums have reported that clean install resolved a lot of those types of issues.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

When Mavericks came out there were a lot of threads were some virus checkin g programs would cause a lot of problems because of the kernels they installed that 10.9 doesn't like all. So make sure all your programs are kept up to date for 10.9.x and uninstall any 10.8-10.6 hackies.

7. italianangel81 macrumors newbie

hi

hi
    this is my first post I am thinking of getting the $3k 15 inches mbp what does it mean when you guys post rMBP (I thinking refurbished) am I right sorry for being such a newbie hope to become a mac book pro owner this weekend :)

8. Quackers macrumors 6502a