Early 2014 MacBook Pro refresh?

toomanyphones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I am having a hard time finding any news on a refresh coming soon. I am ready to replace my 2008 MBP, but don't mind waiting a month or so if there is a spring refresh.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
The lack of news is due to the fact there isn't going to be one. :cool:

Intel has not released any updated chipsets for apple to use and improve their MBPs so they're just standing pat. Apple typically only updates their MBPs once a year, but have on rare occasions slipped through a small spec update when there's a chipset available from intel.

If you need (or want) a computer now, I'd say go and buy it, since we'll probably not see anything until the fall if not later, due to the delay in Broadwell.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I am having a hard time finding any news on a refresh coming soon. I am ready to replace my 2008 MBP, but don't mind waiting a month or so if there is a spring refresh.
Why not look at Apple's refurbished site and get a "new" one from there? It will most likely be your last opportunity to get a MBP with such a diverse I/O set and a superdrive before you'll need adapters for everything that you probably already own.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Why not look at Apple's refurbished site and get a "new" one from there? It will most likely be your last opportunity to get a MBP with such a diverse I/O set and a superdrive before you'll need adapters for everything that you probably already own.
i thought the MBPs classic were discontinued?
Or you could go for this refurbed 15" if you want a classic uMBP:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_pro/15

OP, are you looking to go Retina or stick with the classic model with the SuperDrive?