Early 2015 MBP battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ytech, Dec 24, 2015.

1. ytech macrumors member

ytech

Hey,
    So I noticed a strange thing on my MBP, When my battery percentage is about 63%-65%, it says I only got about 3-3.5 hours left... I never found a REAL battery runtime..
    So I wonder,
    1.How long should my battery survive until it runs out?, only in web use. no background apps.
    2. How many cycle it should survive?

Thanks

2. Alexrat1996 Suspended

I also have a MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch 8 months old 97-96 battery design capacity

I'm on cycle count 52 post your cycle count and battery design capacity get cocunt battery and post pic bellow

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

1. With your present use, you appear to get a total battery time of around 5.5 hours
    Apple says "up to 10 hours", which you are not getting. That depends greatly on how you use your MBPro.
    Some users get more than 10 hours. Many do not.

There's plenty of threads on this site about your questions. Scroll to the bottom of this page, and you will see 4 or 5 related questions about battery life, which is a common "thread" here. Some threads are quite long.

2. Apple states that the batteries have a design life of 1000 full charge cycles. Some folks get more than that.

4. ytech thread starter macrumors member

ytech

Mine has 13 cycles on it, and the full charge capacity is 6523 mAh, Should I be worried?

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What about that information seems to concern you?
    When your battery is fully charged, what does your System Information list about the status (health) of your battery?
    If it says "service now", instead of "good", then that's when you would need to check with Apple.
    If your battery health were to drop below 80-85% within the first year, then that would be when you should contact AppleCare.

6. Alexrat1996 Suspended

mines at 6433 depends on how you use that number will go up and down

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Two suggestions:

1. Turn off the battery percentage. Charge your computer when you can, run it off of the battery when you need to. Don't worry about it. Also, the remaining time is just an estimate and it is tied heavily to usage.

2. Unless something isn't working correctly, don't worry about your full charge capacity. If the battery lasts for 5-10 hours, you're probably fine. If it's less than that but you've been doing anything more processor intensive than browsing the Internet, you're probably fine.

8. ytech thread starter macrumors member

ytech

It says "Normal", never saw "Good".
    Cool, Thanks

9. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

Totally agree. Years ago I had a car that was fitted with an oil pressure gauge for whatever reason. Sometimes, especially after starting in freezing weather, that gauge would show over 100PSI and I would fully expect something in the engine to burst. Of course, I never did have a problem with the car until a head-on collision wrote it off. Too much information is a vexatious nuisance. A computer's not a patient on life support, just use it.