Early bird still getting the worm?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwjacket, Jul 31, 2008.

1. bwjacket macrumors newbie

I was wondering if people are still lining up in the early a.m. hours at apple stores(with the exception of the main NYC store). I have a day off tomorrow and was planning on heading to my local :apple: store (lyndhurst, ohio) as a semi-rude at&t clerk told me today that their wait is up to 21 days. The apple website says they have stock, even though I know that's often inaccurate. Regardless, I'm going to go.

Basically, do you think I'm going to need to arrive at the crack of dawn, or is 8 enough?

Thanks for any info/advice.

2. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Go on Sunday. I live in Dallas burbs and looked on the stock web site to determine which of the four Apple stores would be best to hit Sunday morning. Looking at the site it said that the stores open up at noon. So I head out to the Knox Apple store and arrive about 10:30 am prepared to do a little line waiting. As I pass the corner of the Apple store I notice people going in the store. I'm like WTF!!!

Apparently they open at 8:00 even on Sundays for the time being. I walk in and was 2nd in line and left with 2 8 GB iPhones. Doesn't get any better than that.

What I'm getting at is call your Apple store to confirm when they open on Sunday and you can almost bet you won't even have to wait in line because the majority of people aren't aware that they are open early on Sunday.

Just my 3 cents! :)

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

People have been outside the Apple store in Baton Rouge most mornings whenever they get shipments in

Amazing.....but more power to them

4. bwjacket thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured I'd be safe getting there at 7 am... I was 12th in line. Promptly at 8 about 20 of us got our vouchers for 16gb blacks, while another 10 or 15 turned around disappointed. I had to port my verizon #, but my mac genius was great and she got me out of the store by 8:40. Beats waiting 3 weeks for at&t!!

5. Stardotboy macrumors regular

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.