Early Camera Flash on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Awjvail, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Has anybody else had problems with their iPhone 5 camera flash?

It seems like when you hit the button, the flash lights up, goes dimmer, lights up again, turns and THEN takes the picture, still leaving the photo dark.

It almost seems like either a) the flash is coming on too early or b) the camera is taking the photo too late software of the camera and hardware of the flash aren't properly interfacing.

I've tried restoring and haven't been able to remedy the issue. Just wondering if it's just me?

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Mine seems to be working fine. Once I take the photo with flash there is the initial flash, followed by a quick (slightly brighter) flash, which can be seen in the photo.

3. LSUMaze macrumors newbie

I just noticed the same problem! The flash bursts and then the camera takes the picture, so the pic will be dark!

4. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I noticed the same problem last night. Anybody had any luck with fixing it? Doesn't appear to be software related.

Edit: Correction -- Found the other threads on this. A reset (hold home and power) fixes it. Very strange

5. tanzido macrumors newbie

Problem Fixed

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by just doing a hard reset. I will keep checking it as I read on another board that the problem did reoccur.