Early Delivery?

SweetLilFairy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Tucson, Arizona
I thought Apple treated everyone the same even if they're youtubers. iJustine just posted a video of her unboxing the iPhone X. I thought they had a strict delivery date of 11/3 for EVERYONE. Like I'm not that bothered by it because I get mine in a few days anyways just kinda confused.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Many tech reporters and highly popular reviewers receive devices sooner. Look at Bloomberg, CNN, CNET, Engaget, etc. It's always been this way.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
There's a big difference between an accidental early delivery and review units provided by Apple themselves. These phones are not their personal property and must be returned to Apple after the review period is over.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Their called review units for those in the media. This has been done for years and years with almost every tech imaginable.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I thought Apple treated everyone the same even if they're youtubers. iJustine just posted a video of her unboxing the iPhone X. I thought they had a strict delivery date of 11/3 for EVERYONE. Like I'm not that bothered by it because I get mine in a few days anyways just kinda confused.
Like most (all?) tech companies, reviewers get early releases to post their initial, and in some case long term, feeling on the product before it gets into the general population.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
There's a big difference between an accidental early delivery and review units provided by Apple themselves. These phones are not their personal property and must be returned to Apple after the review period is over.
Are they actually returned though? I know Intel hands out engineering samples and technically they could ask reviewers back for them at any time, but they never do.

dave006

Contributor
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Did you notice that most if not all of the reviews were done using Silver units? They have been the least popular model for pre-orders.

Dave