Early ETF applied to existing AT&T customers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joefro, Jun 17, 2010.

  1. joefro macrumors member

    Dec 26, 2008

    I currently one year into a two year contract with AT&T and I'm looking to possibly get out. I realize that they raised the ETF to $325, but I can't find any info (tried searhing, MRoogle) as to the specifics of the change. If I were to cancel my contract tomorrow would I have to pay $175 -$10 for each month into the contract or $325 -$10 for each month into the contract?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
  2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

    Jul 19, 2004
    Your ETF is still the original $175 - months. People got new contract after 6/1 had to sign up for $325 ETF.

    Only downside of doing this, obviously other than losing your current number, is that you'll lose the unlimited data you've got now.
  3. joefro thread starter macrumors member

    Dec 26, 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't lose my number, as I'd port it over to another carrier. I'm just tired of AT&T and I'm content with an iPad as my only iOS device.
  4. dmx macrumors 6502a

    Oct 25, 2008
    It's actually $5 a month off depending on time you've had your contract. ($10 a month off for those with the $325 ETF)
  5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

    Jul 19, 2004
    Good for you. Then you are set. My coworker did the same because he had enough with AT&T. He argued with customer service and got the remaining ETF waived. His point was quite valid to me:

    "Why do I have to keep my side of bargain when AT&T failed to provide even the very fundamental voice service that they promised?"
    (We work in SF financial district with the worst AT&T data/voice service, and he is an IT.)

    AT&T finally shut up and let him go without ETF. WIN.
  6. joefro thread starter macrumors member

    Dec 26, 2008
    Ah, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. I guess I'll be paying a $115 ETF, which isn't as bad as $325 and plus I won't be locked into AT&T until 2012. At this point I'm just going to wait until next week and see what the next Droid is before deciding on Sprint or Verizon. (no T-Mobile 3G here)

Share This Page