• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

verizon_iphone_4s_early_1.jpg

While some German customers appear to have been the first to receive deliveries of the iPhone 4S several days ahead of the official launch date of this Friday, it now appears that the premature deliveries are making their way to the United States. AppleInsider reports that one U.S. customer who ordered his iPhone 4S from Verizon has already received his shipment two days early.

verizon_iphone_4s_early_2.jpg

Customers who pre-ordered the iPhone in the U.S. and other launch countries have been tracking their deliveries since shipment notices began going out over the weekend, hoping that delivery companies might slip up and offer early arrival of the devices. Apple typically coordinates with shipping services for delivery on the scheduled launch day, but occasionally some shipments have slipped through for early delivery.

Article Link: Early iPhone 4S Deliveries from Verizon Reach the U.S.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
Dang! Now I'm going to be checking my front door every 15 minutes for the rest of the day just in case!!

Comment

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
Congratulations to the lucky one ....

... I still have to wait until Friday for my two white iPhones (at least for the AT&T Premium order I got the tracking number, but the apple page order still says 'preparing for shipment' ... still hoping to have both on Friday)

Comment

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Lucky. Hopefullly its not only Verizon customers that get their orders early in the US ;)

Comment

kirky29

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Sadly for me, mine says 'Dispatched: Ships by October 14th' - so it ships on the Friday, for some stupid annoying reason there isn't any deliveries on Saturdays or Sundays...meaning I should have it on Monday.

Comment

nwcs

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
I saw the UPS guy parked in front of my house on the street yesterday and I saw this small box he was carrying out. I really got my hopes up there for a second but it was for my neighbor. But I did get the shipping notice today and I'm still on target for Friday, yay! :)

iPhone 4 -> iPhone 4S

Comment

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
I really have to stop clicking the refresh button on the tracking number ... kills my productivity today (but it still has no tracking info, seems only the label is printed) .... hope it updates soon, don't want to click refresh every 10min until Friday :)

Comment

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH
I have to wait until Friday after work before I get to play with it....actually, I really have to wait until I finish driving up to Maine to play with it....talk about the horror....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.