Carrier Early iPhone adopters on Verizon Edge, how smooth was the process?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamMacPerson, Aug 28, 2015.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

So for the next phone, I'm going on Edge which is going to be the first phone on my plan to be on the program. I was wondering, of those that did it last year when the 6/6 Plus came out, how smooth did the transaction go? Besides ordering through the VZW website, are there any other tips/suggestions/problems you know of or ran into that might help first time Edge (or Mobile Payment Plan or whatever Verizon renamed it to) customers?

It would be much appreciated!

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502

EDGE is gone. Check VZW's web site for what their offerings are.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

They still have financing, just with slightly different details (as far as timing/upgrading) compared to EDGE. The website would be a good place to check, as you mentioned.

4. ECJ macrumors 6502

ECJ

1. Check your account and make sure there is no past due balance.
    2. Call VZW a few days previous to verify you are able to qualify for the financing.
    3. Don't have any suspended lines, since they may cause an issue with upgrading.
    4. If you have a employer discount, bookmark the MLT portal as a backup in case there are issues like last year.
    5. Good luck.

5. dcgore macrumors member

ECJ - what is MLT portal? I had issues last year because of my employer discount.

6. jeffr7391 macrumors newbie

Is there any way to find out if they will allow you to do the financing through Apple's website? I know they don't allow it as of right now, but with the push to financing instead of a subsidy, don't you think they would try to allow this feature by next Friday? They are able to do it for AT&T customers, so why not Verizon as well?

7. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I'm sure this is something we will know by the time Apple announces the new iPhone.

8. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

This is great advice. Make sure you follow these steps. check their new plans as well, and see whats the best deal for you. Depending n the plan that you currently have, the new plans may or may not be better for you.