Early iPhone owner store credit... do they expire?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erandall38, Oct 22, 2007.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Just curious. I will probably be using it for leopard but I know some people that wont be. By law can they even expire anymore?

2. BigDaddy5 macrumors member

I don't think there's any case law regarding a store's free credit. It could have been a one-day only credit, as far as I know.

Apple didn't give this credit as a settlement in a civil or class-action suit, they gave to head off such action. It's a kind gesture, not a legal requirement.

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

I remember reading that the credit never expires.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I believe in California they cannot, but state laws vary. That said, if it doesn't expire, it doesn't expire. Apple don't seem to be dicks like a lot of places.

6. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya that is kind of what I was leaning towards. I think in cali no gift cerficicates or anything of the sort such as credits can ever expire by law anymore.

Thanks for all the responses!

7. dangleheart macrumors 6502

I am so mad at Amazon. A couple of gift certificates I have are going to expire in a month and they do not have the Wii system I want. I am not sure if they are going to help me out by extending it. Since Amazon does business with Californica customers, do these laws apply to them atleast for customers with California addresses?

Glad to hear the apple store credits do not expire. I am someone who sleeps on this, forget it for a year or so and then panic.

8. wowotoe macrumors member

Well, too bad. I tried to use the $100 store credit today and was told by the reps the credit is already expired even tho they don't properly inform people on the store credit print out.

9. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Not true

Above poster is incorrect. I had an Apple Store $100 store credit which I received because I purchased my 2007 iPhone on launch day as well.. I used it for the launch of the 3G iPhone in New York on Friday morning at 8:15AM and had no trouble with it. On Thursday, prior to the launch, I checked on the Apple Store website to see if a $100 balance was still there.. and it was.

I paid $223 for my 16GB White iPhone (original price was $299 + tax totalling $323).

10. redmeister macrumors 6502

sorry for the ridiculous mutli-year bump, but i've just searched forever trying to find old topics on this matter and this is the only one i could find.

So, I just now realized (April 2009) that I still have my original un-used early iphone owner store credit.

So is there an expiration date, or no? Seems to be mixed answers & some confusion there. Surely my credit isn't still valid after multiple years?! Obviously was thinking of applying it towards the new iphone when its released.

11. mikeinternet macrumors 6502a

mikeinternet

They are definitely still good. I'm still holding on to mine til my next iphone.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I thought they had an expiration date. Not sure, but that is what I remember.

13. shabbado macrumors member

shabbado