Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
MWSF '05 is still a week and a half away, but if the rumors are to be believed, it will be the biggest Apple event since the introduction of the Macintosh. Here is a summary of what to look for:

Reliable sources report the following will be announced:
-iWork '05 (including new app Pages)
-Jam Pack 4
-Headless iMac
-iLife '05 (Including iPhoto 5, iMovie 5, iDVD 5, and GarageBand 2)
-Asteroid (audio breakout box)
-Crossbow & Slingshot (Keynote related apps)
-iPod speakers
-5gb iPod mini
-iPod Flash

Strong evidence suggests the following will be announced:
-iTMS Australia

Weak evidence suggests the following is a possibility:
-Sirius Radio equipped iPod (based mostly on a joint presentation of Apple and Sirius at CES)
-eMac (overdue for an update)
-PowerBook (overdue for an update)
-PowerMac (overdue for an update)

I for one, don't believe Apple could possibly announce so many products at once, but on the other hand, I would love to see it happen! Provide your input and stay tuned.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I would take away the iPod mini as well as the speakers. I think both will be quietly announced. Why waste time at a keynote for a GB more space? The speakers will be like a 3 minute thing if there.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
quagmire said:
I would take away the iPod mini as well as the speakers. I think both will be quietly announced. Why waste time at a keynote for a GB more space? The speakers will be like a 3 minute thing if there.
I suspect there will be an iPod section, but depending on what they're announcing, it might only be 5 minutes total for all iPod related announcements.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Chaszmyr said:
MWSF '05 is still a week and a half away, but if the rumors are to be believed, it will be the biggest Apple event since the introduction of the Macintosh.

Really, my sense is that it's just mostly a software update. Probably will pick up iLife and that's about the most significant thing to me. I feel Apple slowly disintegrating in the PC world. Their attention is on ipod and itunes and not much else. I mean how long ago was it that we were expecting dual 3ghz G5s and getting ready to mock our PC friends? I'm still waiting. . .

BTW, off the top of my head, I could think of about half a dozen Apple events that were MUCH more anticipated and bigger than this one. Sorry, I've never been much for hyperbole and exaggeration.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
iPod + music store will get more than 5 minutes - its their far and away best seller. It drives theri stock price up. If they introduce a flash based iPod that alone will have all the BS that goes with expanding market share by product diversification ad al lthat good stuff.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
hotwire132002 said:
Speaking of MWSF, does anyone know if there will be a webcast and/or satellite feed?

im waiting to find out too

but hopefully apple will make a splash with this keynote, they have been going down lately, they really need to do some more focus on more than just the ipod, sure i understand that it is thier money maker and all, but they really need to give some attention in the keynote to what is going on with thier computers and software

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.