early shipped and received iPad 3. How much could you get?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GD0X, Mar 13, 2012.

1. GD0X Guest

I've noticed on craigslist peeps already attempting to sell their pre-ordered iPads for $50-100 more than retail. It's genius in all honestly, even though i still think they're greedy ...but hey.

anyways, my question for you all.....
    if your iPad came was delivered early, as in today (tuesday), how much do you think people would be willing to shell out to get it super early?

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

What is the point? It comes out this friday right? Why buy it off CL for $100 more when by the time you get it in the mail from CL it will be Friday anyways?

I could see paying that much for a week or month early, but a day or two?

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I could be wrong, but CL is usually local so the person could theoretically get it today if the OP had it in hand.

OP: You'd be surprised how much certain people are willing to pay to have something like the new iPad in their hands before anyone else.

4. MarkN macrumors member

I'd be willing to pay double for it just to get it a few hours before everyone else! ;)

5. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

The ads might be a rip off. As in, buy now, then you get it after release.

6. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

That is what they are, and I don't think people hide it.

The OP was talking about a hypothetical situation.

7. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Ohh, right. I see. Oops :p

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Only a crazy person would buy something off CL they couldn't pickup locally.

People will make money off the new iPads on CL. Could be for a lot of reasons.

1) Site owner/blogger/etc.. - If MR had one, even a day early. You know how much their traffic would jump during that time from reviewing? Could make more money off that then they paid over easily.

2) To some people (I'm not one of them) the premium is worth being one of the first.

I remember when iPhone 4 came out. Mine was delivered a day early. I was the only person I saw in Miami with one. When I went to stores to try to find a case, people were in amazement. Some crave that attention.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

When the iPad 2 was in short supply last year, people were selling them for 100 or more. Preorders aside, I predict the iPad 3 will be in short supply for a couple of months.

10. JeffMorse macrumors regular

Had I not preordered this year I'd happily pay an extra 100 bucks to get one on launch day. I remember how frustrating it was last year to pick one up at that time. My time and peace of mind is worth $100 for sure.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's not genius, it's just how it goes.

I would not pay more for something to get it 2-4 days prior to anyone else. I want to care more, but I don't.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You people are looking at things with your financial situation.

You must realize that for some the $800 to $900 for a new iPad 3 is less than pocket change.:p