Early Shipping Miracle

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bthompson, Mar 30, 2011.

1. bthompson macrumors member

Just thought i would share this: Ordered 3 iPad 32gig Wifi on March 17th, with a ship date of April 21st and a delivery of April 28th. I checked my status this morning and the iPad has shipped and will be here on the 5th. Still shocked by this but I guess they getting caught up with shipments???

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

And where did you order from? The key to this being a relatively useful post is to state where you ordered your iPad from.

3. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

4. BlondeLocks macrumors member

5. Ferrari450 macrumors newbie

I ordered my Black 32gig 3G AT&T on March 15th and I still have a shipping estimate of April 19th sadly.

You are lucky

6. KnitGirl macrumors member

WOW. This is great news! Congrats! I ordered on March 17, too (White 64 GB WiFi)

Of course, now the already obsessive checking of my order status and trolling of these forums will get worse! :(

7. CuppyCake macrumors member

CuppyCake

Impressive

This is the best news yet. I ordered the following day. I am waiting...wondering if the days will change with the news releases (i.e. Radio Shack).

It felt like Christmas and I had a note under the Christmas tree, "iPad ordered but waiting for Apple to ship it". My thoughts "Is it here, yet?" :confused:

8. ldobson macrumors regular

Well those of us that ordered on 3/12 are still waiting, I dont think they have got that far ahead yet..

9. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I ordered March 16 (64gb black AT&T) still NYS. You give me hope!
    Though when I called Apple to ask why with a 3-4 wk window now my April 20 ship date (5wks exactly after order) hadn't changed and they said "it won't change, your order will just ship early!" so now obsessively reading these threads and checking the order status ALL THE TIME

10. kamelperez macrumors newbie

Was it the white or black model? Curious.

11. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

12. gg1965 macrumors newbie

I call BS on this post....

13. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

any particular reason you think its BS? just curious...

mine (64 Black WIFI) is expected to arrive tomorrow- ordered from Apple online at 530PDT launch day. wasn't expected to ship until april 1 to arrive april 6. actually shows as shipped on March 28th. there are many reports on this forum indicating earlier than originally indicated shipping.

14. MattEcho macrumors newbie

Probably because it's not happening for anyone else. Ordered mine March 16 with a scheduled ship date of April 20...and mine hasn't shipped. Not saying it couldn't happen, and I have no reason to disbelieve the OP, but it doesn't fit with others experience. A week early seems reasonable, but 3 weeks early?

But, if true, then good for the OP.

15. bender0069 macrumors member

Same here, hasn't even been prepared for shipment or the shipping dates updated. Still says it's going to be shipped on the 20th

16. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

Mine are black 32gig WiFi. I am just as surprised as everyone here, wasn't expecting these EVEN SHIP before the end of April, but they are on Lantau Island now. Very strange but I'm thankful! Please don't be mad at me! :)

17. T4R06 macrumors 65816

18. mounds macrumors newbie

I ordered one ATT and one VZW, each 64 GB WiFi+3G. Both were set to ship the last week of April and arrive May 5th.

ATT arrived today.

VZW still not prepared for shipment, but now expected to ship April 21st and arrive by the 28th.

19. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

Placed two separate orders for a business.

20. Ferrari450 macrumors newbie

Not a SHIPPING miracle but a miracle non the less!

After checking my status on the Apple store and noticed nothing changed, I checked the Best Buy tracker and I simply lucked out. A local BB on 23rd Street and 6th Avenue had the exact model in stock and said "in store only".

After running over to the store, I was told it was that they have to go down the list of pre-orders first. I almost gave up and walked out... I guess I lucked out and the list was over for the 32GIG AT&T 3G black model and I was able to purchase it. :apple: :apple:

21. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I'm with you guys, 16th order, Apr 20 ship date. BUT that is 5 weeks from Order date to ship date. YES we ordered in the 4-5 wk window, but now that that has changed, I called Apple. They said "It will ship in the order it was received and should ship earlier than 5 weeks as current orders are 3-4 weeks". So we should see shipping in 2 wks instead of 3 at the latest.

22. LarzStarz macrumors member

Incredible. I ordered mine on March 11th and it's scheduled for delivery on April 5. Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket.

23. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Glad it's been moved up but it's in no way a miracle. It's Apple and their usual 'under promise, over deliver'.

Hope you enjoy your iPad 2.

24. Bushiboo macrumors member

25. fupresti macrumors regular

Seems like a ridiculous request. What motivation does he have to lie about a freaking shipping notification?