Early signed Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ladyhrvy, Jul 30, 2011.

1. ladyhrvy macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    Just wondering what it is worth. Worked like a champ last time it was turned on but long time ago.

2. gkarris macrumors 604

Dec 31, 2004
    "No escape from Reality..."
    Which Mac and signed by who?

You'll need proof as to when it was signed because if it's Woz, he signs stuff all the time...
  3. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    Re:signed Mac

I believe it is the 512 - my son had to order it before it was available in a stor so not sure - and he tells me it has BOTH signatures. I have not seen inside it myself but he knows because it was his originally.
  4. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2007
    I believe they all are signed (molded into the case). So unless this is unique and it's a standard 512K they go for anywhere from $25-$150.
  5. ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    Siigned Mac

Son says it looks like a Sharpie was used.
  6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    "both" is an odd statement. Both *whom*?

Here is a picture of Steve Wozniak's signature (aka "Woz"):
    This is from a printed-on signature on the Apple IIGS.

However, Woz will sign just about anything you want. It doesn't cost much, and it doesn't add a lot of value.

Steve Jobs wasn't known for signing things, but I wouldn't count on a random signature being his. If it's anyone but Woz' signature, you'd have to contact the person in question to ask for verification that it is their signature. (Of course, if it is the 'plaque' that was put on the back of some pre-launch Macintosh systems, it could very well be a real signature from Jobs, and if so, the plaque itself will act as proof of authenticity.)
  7. ladyhrvy, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

ladyhrvy thread starter macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    Thanks so much for the info. It is boxed up carefully right now so I can't check this out but you have told me what I needed to know.
  8. Des Zac macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Please post a pic if you can, I'd love to see it if it is authentic!
  9. Tiggs macrumors 6502

Jul 6, 2011
    Would concur with the others that you just have one of the pre-molded 512k's which aren't really signed. No value added to them although definitely interesting to see.