Early Upgrade 2/2011

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by navigates, Jun 14, 2010.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

I'm on a family plan and typically my second line is eligible for an early upgrade. However when I check online I don't see the early upgrade option for the 3gs? I purchased it on the 06/22 last year. Should I wait till then?

I'm really confused. If I get the early upgrade option, I'd like to order one for 399 tomorrow.

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

NO 3GS iPhones are eligible. It is IMPOSSIBLE for any 3GS line to end in 2010.

Let me break it down.

The 3GS came out in July 2009! A two year contract means this ends in...2009 plus 2 is 2011!! 2011 is not the same number as 2010!!

Do I need to make it simpler?

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Secondary lines on a Family plan very rarely have an upgrade eligibility less than 24 months. The only exceptions I have seen are due to unique FAN codes.

4. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Really, I have a 3GS line that I upgraded on release day and I'm upgrade eligible for a full discount....

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. Was that simple enough for you?

5. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Seriously, the dude isn't too bright. There have been people saying that they bought the phone last December and they are fully eligible. If you spend enough money on your monthly phone bill then you could be eligible for an upgrade every 12 months (seems to only be for family plans though).

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Yeah I was waiting for him to come back and argue with me before I broke out the facts.

Individual lines can too! You normally see it with Family plans because it's so much easier to hit the $99+ requirement.

7. cowsrus macrumors 6502

8. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I got the 3GS on launch day and will be receiving the full discount as well.

9. actorkid macrumors 6502

Well you are VERY wrong.

AT&T essentially doesn't care too much about the full two years. All they care about is that you completely pay off the phone to cover the subsidy of the phone. The more you pay monthly, the sooner you can upgrade.

Bought a 3GS on launch last year for fully subsidized price. Buying iPhone 4 this year on launch for fully subsidized price.

10. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

You my friend. . . FAIL Lol.
    Same situation as said before I have a 3GS and I'm fully discounted to get the iPhone 4 at 299 for 32GB

11. dojoman macrumors 65816

Damn! You guys must be paying boat load of cash every month. I got 3GS on launch and won't be able to get fully eligible until 2/2011.

12. outphase macrumors 65816

Or their line is the primary line in a family plan.

13. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm eligible too on my primary line. Got 3gs few weeks after launch. I was asking about the second line. Typically that is eligible for an early upgrade which is 200 more than the lowest but still lesser than the whole amount.

I called ATT and they confirmed that the second line is eligible for an early upgrade, but the website does not reflect the early upgrade discount. :(

I sold my wife's phone (second line) and now it looks like I'll have to upgrade and let her use the new phone. I'll be left with my 3gs. which isin't so bad after all.

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

If the second line is eligible, they can probably use it, thats what the manager at AT&T told me today after a hot mess.

I talked to 5 AT&T reps (the one who I bought the 3GS from, 3 online, and another at the same store) and they all told me I had 30 days to return and receive refund. Turns out I got it on the price drop, but as I recall a article, it said people who purchased up until June 7th could return/trade, which is when I got it.
    /inb4 omgyouknewiphoen4wascumminouturetardLOOLOLOLimamacrumorselite

So when I got some spare cash, I went to return my 3GS today and now they say it was a "close-out" and I have to cancel my contract and pay the ETF to return it, something NONE of the other AT&T reps said.

So then I told him that my moms line is eligible, and he said it was fine and to come in tomorrow at 9AM, and they can upgrade it on her line and move it over to my line, and ship it to my house. So perhaps you should ask them that. I sold the 3GS an hour ago and I'm ready to purchase, so hopefully theres no more surprises.

15. ashVID macrumors regular

Add me to the dissenters. Family plan, 2 lines. 3GS at launch, subsidized 3G last November, both eligible for full upgrade and waived $18 fees.

ash =o)

16. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

My contract end is March 2011, I spend about $140 a month on one line, and I AM eligible for discounted upgrade.

Seems simple enough to me. :D

17. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Yep, I've got a 3GS and I'm eligible for the $299 pricing with waived $18 fee.

Now the other 3GS (that I bought later) isn't eligible and the contract isn't up till March of 2011. Bummer