Early upgrade, already?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iadam09, Jun 17, 2010.

1. iadam09 macrumors regular

So I upgraded my line to get the new iPhone 4. I checked my new eligibility date and I'm available for a new upgrade on November 16, 2011.. Isn't that kind of early? lol

2. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

not really. They take alot into considerstion. one factor is how much your monthly bill is. the more you spend the sooner they give you one.

I get a Full upgrade every 12 Months.

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That's over a year away. That's not early upgrade.

4. zoman504 macrumors regular

Got the same thing, thought it was odd too, esp since all of my prior upgrades have been every 2 years. I did not change my monthly bill at all, but maybe they have adjusted some things to allow earlier upgrades?

5. iadam09 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, they usually make me wait a lot longer. And a question (so I don't make a new thread hah)

Do we know an exact date as to when iMovie comes out?

6. moviecouple macrumors regular

My two lines are the same way. Ordered the iPhone 4 6-15 and can get the No-Commitment price again in 1 year 1 day. Used to be 2 years for me. I thought I read that they were changing that this year for iPhone owners. Switching from the normal 16-18 month renewal cycle to a 1 year cycle. Had something to do with the price of the phones and AT&T wanting to keep their iPhone (Bread & Butter) owners happy, content and keep renewing their contracts.

7. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I would guess on the 24th to coincide with the iPhone 4 launch. Why not on Monday when iOS 4 is released? Because it won't be compatible with anything but iPhone 4.

Although, maybe they could let you download it to your pc on Monday so you can sync it on Thursday. :confused: