Earning Money

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yoyo5280, Dec 15, 2008.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Hi!

okay, so I am 14 soon going on 15 and I am a foreigner in tokyo with limited knowledge of japanese law and language :p

I DONT get an allowance, which is fair because I dont do many chores and in the end its still your parents money.

I NEED a way to earn money to buy things I want **ehem ehem electric drum kit, new video camera, or ipod**

If I where in america, Id look into a teen job however I don't know how here..

I know its a difficult question but how could I earn money by working in japan?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Ask anybody that comes to visit you/on vacation from EU/USA to bring like a crapload of candy...hustle that to kids!..or drugs!

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Haha a friend of mine lives on the american compound (where its like mini america just better) and comes to school with all american crap-food and sells it. Lucky cow.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Low level exporting. Selling Japanese sweets or quirky little toys or something. For people who want that kind of thing but don't have any Japanese friends themselves and would rather avoid websites.

5. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

oooo... you got my ears

how would this work?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Advertise your services somehow, even if it does mean a little website. Ask contacts in the US/Europe (wherever really) if they want anything, stick a dollar or something on top and jobs a good un. Word may spread, it may not.

Case in point- my cousin imported a few Japanese PS3's when they launched over there through a friend, then my cousin got requests from his buyers for the updated controller that Japan had just received. Word spread and this contact now ships over game accessories to about half the village here :D (well not half, but enough for the exporter to be earning a nice little package).

7. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Try Craigslist Japan. Just wondering, were you aware that craigslist Japan existed?

http://tokyo.craigslist.jp/

EDIT:

Take a look in the wanted section and you'll find people who want you to ship Japanese stuff abroad.

http://tokyo.craigslist.jp/wan/

EDIT2:

Don't get scammed! People will want to pay for things using weird money orders and stuff like that, which makes money appear in your account as if you were paid, but is then taken back when the money doesn't actually clear their system. You should ONLY accept trusted methods of payment. I'm not very well informed on this topic, but I believe paypal is generally safe, if not customer friendly.