earphone w/ mic recommendations

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by turtlebud, Oct 4, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

now that fring is available for the ipod touch, i'm looking into getting headphones with a mic. of course there's the apple stereo earbuds w/ in line mic, but it's gotten lukewarm reviews at best.

i could potentially just get a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter for my plantronics headset and use that, but i'd probably only use that at home.

i personally prefer the earbuds (not the in ear headphones - they're just not comfortable for me), so I'm wondering whether people have suggestions for a decent set of earbuds w/ an in-line mic.

i'm looking for something $30-50 range.

Thanks!

2. Rockrover macrumors member

+1!

I'm running Fring right now and WOW!! I'm so frickin' stoked right now! I just need a decient mic to really start using it...Bluetooth! ;)

-D

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

How could the new Apple stereo headphones with mic get lukewarm reviews when they haven't been released yet? I say wait until they are released before you jump to conclusions, the price for them is great at $29.00

4. turtlebud thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at the iphone stereo headsets, not the new ipod stereo headsets. Any word as to when they will be available?

5. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I'm using my headset that came with my Samsung Instinct the sound quality sucks so I only use them for Fring and I use my earbuds for music but when the apple in-ear headset comes out that will change.

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

As far as I know, the iPod 3.5mm port is the same as the iPhone's. If you don't like apple's earbuds + mic, you can get one of those iphone jack -> 3.5mm adapters with a mic. Google "iphone 3.5mm adapter mic."