Earphone with boomiest bass

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheJae, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TheJae macrumors regular

I did a quick Google search, the earphones with the best bass seems to be:

1. Monster Turbine
    2. V-Moda Vibrato Remote
    3. MEElectronics Ai-M2

I have a great library of R&B, Rock and Pop music. During my flights I like to listen to Hans Zimmer (makes turbulence more exciting). Do you guys have any recommendation in terms of value for money, durability and comfort for long hours. I don't mind if the earphone does not come with mic or adjustable volume.

2. smitzzz24 macrumors member

I just picked up the Sol Republic Amps from Best Buy and the bass on them is outstanding! They are only $59.99 and Best buy has a 20% phone accessories coupon floating around out there as well.

3. rudedude macrumors newbie

rudedude

I'd go with the Monster Turbines if I were you. In my experience V-moda just doesn't make a product which lasts, of all the earphones I've had by them they've never lasted over 5 months and I don't roughly use them. The Monster Turbines however have an ok sound for the price and the bass on them is very noticeable. My favorite headphones and earphones are made by Shure so I'd also recommend you to check them out before deciding on a purchase. Although Shure doesn't give a huge bass, their drivers are (in my opinion) the best when listening to sound. The bass isn't bad at all, its just not as profound in the Shures as in the Monsters or V-modas.

4. njgeek macrumors regular

If you really want to feel Usher slapping you around with his throbbing bass stick or Kanye telling you who got the best bass of all time, I'd probably recommend Sennheiser IE8s.

5. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I LOVE my V-Moda earbuds. I have the "Vibe" model...I believe they've been replaced by the Vibrato model that you mentioned. They've lasted me 4 years now, so no issues with durability here. The sound is clear with a lot of bass.

6. kalt macrumors regular

The best bass you can hope to have is from good earbuds with a proper seal in your ear - Etymotics are the best I've used. They're pricey though.

7. r2fa3l macrumors regular

No offense, but you must be joking! How can you recommend Etymotics to someone looking for bass? :roll eyes:

Stick with the Monster Turbines (COPPER!)
    I own those + A bunch of other headphones (I'm an earphone-holic)..

For Bass, I'd recommend
    the Beats Tour/Monster (Monster makes Beats).

Noise Isolation
    Beats Tour/Etymotics

Acoustics
    BOSE IE2 (They leak a lot of sound though!)

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

What??? Etymotic are bass-less.

I'd go for the Monster Turbine, Future Sonics Atrio or t-Jays Three/Four.

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

10. kalt macrumors regular

Because if you put them in your ears correctly - with a good, airtight seal - they'll have the best bass response of any headphones out there. If you've used them and didn't have any bass, it's because you didn't have a good seal in your ears. Gotta use the rubbery white eartips, the gray foam ones are hard to get a good seal on with most people's ears. And if the seal isn't airtight, there won't be any bass, just pure treble.

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I bought a set of Monster Turbines after numerous reviews and recommendations. Must say I'm pretty pleased with them so far. Personally though, I wish they had a little more kick but, oh well, they're pretty decent and you can usually find them for cheap on Amazon.

12. los318, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

los318 macrumors 6502

los318

Brainwavz M2

well, if your not stuck on needing a MIC and volume adjustment might i suggest the Brainwavz M2's? excellent build quality, metal chassis, and tough cable. As far as sound, Very bassy but not completely crazy. These are very highly reguarded over on the Head-Fi forums.

Edit. I forgot to mention they are very comfortable to wear. The earpieces are a single flange rounded but cover the canal great. I've used the triple flanges that came with my old MEElectronics M6's and these are just as good (if not better) and 100% more comfortable to wear. IMHO, I've had MEElectronics for a year. 3 pairs and they all broke. Maybe others had better luck but my experience was not good.

13. stevendphoto macrumors member

Ever seen those MMA guys?

Their ears get all mashed, flattened-out and distorted, I wonder if ear-buds would even fit them or if the have to use the old style Cover-the-Ears type headphones?
    :confused: