Earphones

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aangair, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Aangair macrumors newbie

Aangair

Can you people help me please?
    My earphones that i got with my iPod touch 4g 8gb do not have the volume switcher on them. The earphones that I had gotten only had the earphones nothing else. My friends that got their earphones even some 3rd gen have the volume button switcher. Does anyone know why this is?

2. Timoke6 macrumors member

that is because the iPod touch 3rd gen has voicecontrol, but doesnt have a build in mic, so there's a mic in the volume switcher. Your iPod Touch 4th gen has a build in mic next to the camera.
    at least, I think this is why...

3. Vanc-apple macrumors newbie

Apple only included earphones with the volume adjustors and microphone in the 32gb and 64gb versions of iPod touches. I have a white iPT 4g as well and I didn't know about it at the time either. :(

4. Aangair thread starter macrumors newbie

Aangair

oh i get it now, apple should still atleast have the volume adjuster though :( oh well , thanks guys

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

My headphones from my iPod Touch 64 GB came without any volume or microphone features. Plain ol' headphones.

6. StefSSU macrumors regular

In any case, volume switch or not if you enjoy music you should get rid of them as soon as you can. I find it pretty amazing how much people are willing to spend on music players, yet often neglect the actual headphones or speakers (or even paying for the actual music).
    These days you can get great quality ear and headphones pretty cheap, I'm currently using a pair of Shure SE215's, although I find them a little disappointing. Still miles better than the included buds, and not just sound quality - fit, comfort and sound isolation is all fantastic.

Why not kill two birds with one stone? You can get relatively cheap earphones with a mic/volume switcher designed for iPod/iPhone.

7. Aangair thread starter macrumors newbie

Aangair

yeh thats true, i already have Bose Sound canceling headphones though. I dont like wearign them outside only in my house. Thats why i was wondering why i never go those apple earphones with the volume changer