Earpiece speaker not working? Will apple swap it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MaxBurn, Apr 30, 2011.

1. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Just got a new iphone 4 here and I think the earpiece speaker isn't working. As I have no SIM for it I am using the Voice Memos app which has a replay option for the earpiece speaker or the bottom loud speaker.

Could someone verify that the iphone 4 voice memo app on 4.3.2 will play on both the earpiece and the bottom speaker? It works that way on my 3gs and acts like that on the 4 but I just don't hear anything on the 4, the proximity sensor does blank the screen when trying though.

I got the phone off ebay and apple shows that it is under warranty still, think they will swap it even though I am not the original owner?

2. MaxBurn thread starter macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Damn, you have to love apple customer service. They swapped it no problem.

3. TenderBranson macrumors member

They've been getting better at replacing iphone defects.

4. vadar224 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 3g and i need to replace the earpiece, i really need some help! first time ever doing this, how to you get the earpiece in?! i know how to open the thing to put the piece in but then what

5. MaxBurn thread starter macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

On that phone i think it is stuck to the back of the digitizer isn't it? If so you seperate them some how. Should be some writeups somewhere, maybe even some youtube videos even.