Earpiece Volume, can you adjust?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZMacintosh, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Im using the new Verizon iphone and noticed the earpiece is relatively low. I read something similar for the first initial release of the iPhone 4 from last summer.
    I cant seem to find how to increase or adjust the earpiece volume during a call.

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

What happens when you press the volume up/down button on your iPhone when you're in a call?

3. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

my hearing is great, and I cant make a noticeable difference when its all the way up vs half way down. tried it with other cell phones and landlines had full signal strength as well. (and yes the plastic cover that came with the phone is off :p)

4. RickG macrumors regular

I have an at&t i4- previously a blackberry Bold (Sprint). The earpiece volume is low on all iphones in my opinion - i think the 3gs is a bit lower than the at&t i4 - I was very curious if the Verizon i4 would have a lounder earpiece but it doesn't sound like it so far- I will have to go test one myself- I work around equipment and an improvement in the earpiece volume would be nice to see in the i5.... I don't know anyone who doesn't leave the volume setting on full blast...

5. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

true, funny ive noticed on a few more calls it sounded much clearer and louder. maybe i was just used to my old cell phone.