EarPods for hearing impaired

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aicul, Dec 18, 2016.

1. aicul macrumors 6502a

Lets think outside the box and our disabled friends

If someone has a hearing disability and is deaf in his left ear, can he buy only the right EarPods ?

Currently this is not an option

This is not a troll, just asking whether Apple should not tailor the EarPods offer...

2. SaintsMac macrumors 6502a

I am deaf in my right ear. I would be interested in such an option.

3. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Chances are, our hearing disabled friends are already buying headphones for both ears.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm not sure that would work, don't they work off each other with the proximity sensors. Take one out and the music pauses?

5. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

As noble as it is, I don’t think Apple will add a couple of SKUs to cater to such a specific need.

Anyone who only needs one of the sides, can always resell the other one. I’m sure there will be a market for it soon enough. Easy $50 USD.
    Take one out and the music pauses, yes, but music starts playing as soon as you put one in your ear. They work independently.

6. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

IIRC, it was said if you take one airpod out (only put one pod in?), the remaining would mix and play both audio channels in the same ear. I haven't had the opportunity to test if this is correct, though if it is it would be pretty ideal for those who are hearing impaired in one ear.

Apple isn't going to sell these individually though. Too niche; they rely on huge production runs in order to maximize their profit margins, and very few comparatively would buy single airpods.