EarPods question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by evamoree, Aug 13, 2016.

1. evamoree macrumors member

evamoree

So basically my EarPods broke and they're under warranty so I'm taking them back for some new ones (I just got off the chat with Apple Support). Stupid me didn't think to ask this question so don't ask why I didn't ask them. Will the old warranty carry on or would I get a new 12 month warranty with them? These didn't come with my iPhone or anything and I bought them separately.

2. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I think it's the greater of the old warranty, or something like 14 to 30 days depending on the product. I would just ask when you get them replaced.

3. itsray macrumors 6502

they are covered under your phones warranty if you take them to the genius bar. i know this because just to replace EarPods at the genius bar we would have to run the serial number of the device they came with (and your phone has to be under warranty). if you bought them separate from apple and have a receipt from the apple store talk to one of the sales people and ask if they can exchange them.

4. evamoree thread starter macrumors member

evamoree

Literally said I bought them separately XD and yeah they exchanged them but I don't know about the warranty and that was what I was asking about
    --- Post Merged, Aug 14, 2016 ---
    What do you mean by the first part? And I didn't ask them cause they didn't seem to understand what I was on about when I explained the problem with them and just gave me an exchange :)

5. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

If a product (lets say iPhone) has a year warranty, and it breaks in 6 months, you either get the remainder of the warranty (6 more months), or a minimum for that product (30 days, depends on the product) whatever is greater. (For example, if the iphone broke at 11 months and 29 days, you would get the 30 days from replacement vs the 1 day left on the original product.)

No idea what the warranty is on headphones (without being included in the iPhone purchase, but it should be in the package or apple web site.