EarPods vs In-Ear

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LordQ, Sep 26, 2012.

1. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

I was wondering if you guys recommend me to buy the EarPods or the In-Ear headphones?

I understand that the EarPods are a huge step forward from the original earbuds but according to my brother, the In-Ear are the best headphones from Apple (we both haven't use the EarPods yet though).

Also, keeping in mind I listen to music almost all day and I want some decent quality –I'm happy with the ones that ship with the iPhone 4– and I don't want to spend in something like Beats or Bose headphones.

Thanks for any suggestion!

2. dietcokemac macrumors member

I really noticed a big step up from the previous in-ear earphones that shipped with the iPhone 4S. My iPhone 5 EarPods are with me everywhere now :)

3. djjeffroe macrumors newbie

If your happy with the ones that ship with the 4, you'll be more than happy with the new ones, they are a big step above.

4. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

The new apple earpods that come with the iPhone 5 are amazing compared to the old ones. I highly recommend them, although it may not fit your ears perfectly, they do fit mines.

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

i have both.
    the new EarPods are a step up from the old iBuds, but the Apple dual driver In-Ears are a big step beyond that.
    the new pods have a more comfortable fit and improved sound across the board - both better bass and better "clarity".
    the in-ears are super comfortable (once you get used to in-ears and choose the correct size tip). you get much better isolation and the sound clarity really shines. you do need a good seal to get the best bass out these headphones. if they aren't in snug, the bass is the first thing to go.

so it depends on what you are after. for casual listening, i do recommend the new EarPods. for a more serious listening experience without spending $xxx then i would recommend the in-ears. certainly there are better in-ears out there, but they can get very expensive quickly. plus it is nice to have the volume/mic you get with Apple's. as you get into higher end in-ears, you tend to lose that or, if they even offer it, you have to pay a premium over the model without the controls.

6. LordQ thread starter macrumors 68040

LordQ

Thank you very much guys; from your tips and some reviews and comparisons I've read, I think I will go with the EarPods.

Cheers from Mexico!

7. omro macrumors regular

I can't wear the in-ears, because my ear canal is too small. I've never been able to wear any brand of in-ears.

I find that the new earpods are very good. I added a foam cushion around the earpods, from an older set of earbud headphones and found that this improved the fit and made everything sound better.