Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
East Lansing, MI
ignore,show a little ignorance and ignore a little more, why dont we just bury our heads in the sand and lets all pretend these objects dont exist.

I think the ignorance lies in the belief that NASA, the guv-ment or any other entity is out there to protect the common person (read: you). All they want to do is protect their pocketbooks. The 1908 impact in Tunguska was how many years ago? And what has been done since? Goose-egg with the exception of the Saturday afternoon 3-D simulations on the Discovery Channel narrated by some academic hack in a cheap suit. 96 years since Tunguska and nothing but rants and raves. If you put a petition in front of me, I'll sign it. You wanna get organized, I'll lend a hand. But stop squawking.

I'd be more concerned with the caldera under Yellowstone National Park because it is 50,000 years overdue to erupt. Geyser activity was off the charts this summer/fall when I was there. But the media doesn't give it anywhere near the amount of ink as space debris because it is not as sexy. Hence, it won't sell. Hence, hence, $$$.

In the interim, you might want to take that duct tape and plastic that Ridge told you to buy and add a second layer. Because I know you bought some...

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by Fukui
You mean THE Tesla death ray?
I guess thats what happens when you call mad scientists mad....:D

Tesla Coils are REAL

Its REAL science.

Don't get mad because its true.

As a 'death ray' not really, as a stream of electricity hitting you? Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.