EA's Origin not working?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Szymon Sikora, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Szymon Sikora macrumors newbie

So after installing OS X El Capitan from beta 1, I haven't been able to login to Origin, EA's Game client. It just says that "Origin online is currently unavailable" Anyone else have this issue, and has anyone been able to resolve it? I've tried everything!!!

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Been having this issue since Beta 1 as well. I had an Origin update a few days ago, but it didn't change anything. Updated to Beta 5 and the issue remains.

3. Szymon Sikora thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep! I just hope that it'll work soon because I cant even actually play any games since I had to do a clean install....

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Apparently EA is aware of the issue and says a fix is coming, but god knows when that is, EA's customer service is awful.

5. Szymon Sikora thread starter macrumors newbie

See, I never got a reply from them so that just shows how good their customer service is xD

6. Szymon Sikora thread starter macrumors newbie

7. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

It worked for me too. The trick was making sure I installed the beta 7 version of Xcode (at first I was trying to do it with Xcode 6 — no go.

Even after I installed the Xcode beta, I still couldn't get openssl to install. Turned out I had to get the Xcode command line developer tools installed (it wasn't by default). I did that with the terminal command xcode-select --install.

Yeah, it was a little bit of a PITA, but I finally could run the games I shelled out good money for.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

9. jruschme macrumors 6502

jruschme

The instructions use Homebrew to build OpenSSL, but you can also use MacPorts.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

11. Szymon Sikora thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Same here, and loving it!

12. jdiamond macrumors 6502

Guys, bad news - now with the official El Capitan, I have the same issue, but the fix listed above did nothing. Instead what happens is it acts like it can download a game, but the game download never completes - in fact, never gets past more than a percent or two.