Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
E

Eärendil

Original poster
Yeah, It is called PQ dvd to ipod video.

http://www.pqdvd.com and it is $39.95

I used to have the old version, pc crashed, im a mac user but ill use this trough my windows pc, what do think? is it a good buy? i think it is.

You can choose between H.264 and MPEG-4 formats and its extremelyy easy to choose between widescreen, fullscreen and other stuff.

It may not be as advanced as Handbrake, but it is far better for me, It even lets you choose to have subtitles on.
Its meant for the average user...

And omg if you hate to wait a whole night to rip a dvd, well it takes about one hour and a half to rip a whole movie, and about two hours and a hakf to rip the greatest movie of all times (excluding classics) The Lord of the Rings: The Return Of The King (extended 4 hour edition).

If you just want to watch movies for fun, believe me, this great.

PS: It can rip almos any dvd. (i believe it even works with protected ones)

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
Are you asking about it, or trying to sell it to us? Handbrake is free and powerful. If this will work better for you, then use it.

mechler

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
This sounds like a sales pitch, but if it works for you, great.

As far as "ripping" times, it takes about 15-40 minutes to copy (aka "rip") a movie from a DVD to a hard drive. This time is largely dependent on the size of the DVD and the speed of the DVD drive. I don't use Handbrake for ripping.

The time it takes to convert or re-encode to an IPT compliant file using Handbrake varies widely based on many factors. If you use the preset for Iphone/IPT, then the variable is the length of the movie. I'm also hoping that my new MBP, when I get it, will be much faster than the 4 year old pc that I'm using now.

As far as ease of use, Handbrake is pretty simple, especially if you use the presets. And yes, you can have subtitles with Handbrake, too.

So I would recommend saving your money and use Handbrake.

E

Eärendil

Original poster
This sounds like a sales pitch, but if it works for you, great.

As far as "ripping" times, it takes about 15-40 minutes to copy (aka "rip") a movie from a DVD to a hard drive. This time is largely dependent on the size of the DVD and the speed of the DVD drive. I don't use Handbrake for ripping.

The time it takes to convert or re-encode to an IPT compliant file using Handbrake varies widely based on many factors. If you use the preset for Iphone/IPT, then the variable is the length of the movie. I'm also hoping that my new MBP, when I get it, will be much faster than the 4 year old pc that I'm using now.

As far as ease of use, Handbrake is pretty simple, especially if you use the presets. And yes, you can have subtitles with Handbrake, too.

So I would recommend saving your money and use Handbrake.

Well, im not trying to sell it to you guys, i dont even own it blah.

I didnt know you could have subtitles on with handbrake, believe me guys, id rather not spend my money like that. ill try to check handbrake out again, thanks.

blihblahbluh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.