Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Has anybody found an easier way to eject a disc in Windows than going to My Computer and then right clicking and hitting eject? It's annoying because sometimes when I do this it just freezes up, requiring a restart. Thanks.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Make sure your boot camp drivers are up to date. Hitting the eject key works both on the internal keyboard on my MBP and my full Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Make sure your boot camp drivers are up to date. Hitting the eject key works both on the internal keyboard on my MBP and my full Apple Wired Aluminum Keyboard.

Yeah they're at 2.1. I do have the first-gen Intel iMac with the white keyboard. Is it possible it just isn't compatible?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
It's possible. Unfortunately on all my other windows machines there is a button on the CD drive to eject disks. Not so on the macs =/. I don't know what to tell you. Search the Google for others who might have the same problem I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.