Easiest 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 Unlock Guide

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kikobarbada, Feb 11, 2008.

?

Did it work on your iPhone?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. kikobarbada macrumors regular

Easiest 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 Unlock Guide

Requeriments
    1. A jailbroken 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPhone.
    2. iPhone with 4.6 Bootloader.
    3. Wi-fi signal.

Step-by-step tutorial

1. Before start the unlock process, install BSD Subsystem 2.0 and update all your applications.
    2. Then, go to Settings >> General >> AutoLock >> Never.
    3. Open up Installer again. Go to Sources >> Edit >> Add >> installer.iclarified.com
    4. Press the Install tab on Installer. Go to iClarified folder and install "Geohot Unlock (1.1.2, 1.1.3)".
    5. Now you can just wait for about 5 minutes and you'll have an unlocked iPhone.

FAQ

Q: How can I jailbreak software 1.1.3?
    A: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=629

Q: How can I be sure if I have Bootloader 4.6?
    A: If you bought your iPhone after November 9th, it is Bootloader 4.6. If not, you can google a solution on how to check your Bootloader because I don't have this information.

Thanks to...

Geohot: Discovering this unlock
    iClarified: Adding the unlock to Installer
    Me: Writing this simple guide.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

If you want the moderators to notice, click the "report post" icon to the left and report your own post.

Should you really be choosing what is "[OFFICIAL]" ?

3. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

It is the official 1.1.2/1.1.3 unlock released by Geohot.
    It is not NateTrue's stuff, it's the official one.

4. Stianu89 macrumors member

5. sananda macrumors 68020

i have a little question. right now, my 1.1.2 OTB UK iphone is jailbroken and running on 02 pay and go. but i had to change the file 02_UK.plist to reflect the different settings for pay and go (because there's nowhere to enter the apn settings).

now if i unlock this phone using this method and say i travel to another country (and put in a local sim card), how to i enter the relevant apn settings?

6. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I meant your making it seem like this is the MR-sanctioned OFFICIAL hack, when you don't have the authority to make that sort of a decision. At least it seems that way with that ending.

"[OFFICIAL]"

7. meagain macrumors 68030

MacRumors sanctioned hack? Who would think that? When did MR ever do this? I think you're leaping here and likely the only one who's thinking this way.

8. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

I just changed its name. Still, the unlock is perfect!

9. isooz macrumors member

So as a complete noob with no hacking or iphone experience can I really just do this and have my unlocked (tesco payg sim) 112 phone upgraded and working on113? I'm scared - I can understand how to do this but I'm scared it'll mess up my lovely iphone...:confused:

10. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it works perfectly. I haven't heard one case on the internet about something going wrong concerning this unlock. I personally have tried with all my families' iPhone (adding up 6) and they all worked, plus you don't need to buy Stealth or TurboSIM.

11. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

So - will I be able to upgrade to 1.1.3 from 1.0.2, jailbreak it and unlock it??

12. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

You need to be sure you have 4.6 Bootloader. If you own your iPhone prior to November 9th, skip this part. If not, google a solution on how to check your Bootloader because I don't have this information.

To Jailbreak 1.1.3, you have to follow this guide: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=629

After that, just follow the easy instructions to unlock 1.1.3.

13. sananda macrumors 68020

thank you very much kikobarbada. i have unlocked my 1.1.2 phone. but what do i do if i want to upgrade to 1.1.3?

14. isooz macrumors member

Can we upgrade safely to 1.1.3 with installer? And does it matter that I've got BSD subsystem 2.1?

Sorry for the questions - I'm still scared !:eek:

15. danfog macrumors member

Is there a method for unlocking a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone with a 3.9 bootloader? I have been looking everywhere!

16. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

You first have to jailbreak 1.1.3: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=629. Then, just redo the unlock process.

Yes I have upgraded many iPhones to 1.1.3 through installer, it is the 1.1.3 jailbreak with least bugs I have tried (only NES doesn't work). No, BSD 2.1 works fine.

http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30019

17. isooz macrumors member

ok, thanks for your reply - am still scared but I might try it...in fact I KNOW I'll try it at some point - how could I not???:D