Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
If you use YouTube and own a Mac, you need TubeTV! It’s hard to find a layman’s application that downloads and converts YouTube videos into a format your computer and iPod can easily play. All you do is copy the link, click the download button, and TubeTV instantly downloads and converts the video. Best of all, it’s free; 100% freeware that’s powerful, simple, and exactly what I needed. Get this App!

I’ll see how I like it over the next couple weeks, I’d def. be willing to donate to the developers of this app.

- sorry, the entry is from my blog, but I really wanted to share this app with everyone (I hope this isn't like the 57th post on this topic).

xilni

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
Washington, DC
Does it have an option to download the HD version if available? I know that not all youtube videos have the option to be viewed in HD but it's nice for those that do.

icloud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Does it have an option to download the HD version if available? I know that not all youtube videos have the option to be viewed in HD but it's nice for those that do.

Sure Can! when you load the URL into the program, scroll underneath the video and select 'higher quality' and then click the download button!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.