easiest way to add custom txt ringers?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Theraker007, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Last time I did this was back when you had to do all kinds of crazy stuff on the computer.. im imagining these days its much easier to do?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope, you do it the same way. Apparently there is a rumor and evidence in iOS 5 betas that you'l be able to add custom text tones and purchase them like you can with Ringtones.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Or you can use biteSMS, which is absolutely painless and can use any ring already on your phone, assigned to the contact of your choice. No renaming, no SSH required. I believe ToneFx also allows for easy changing of text tones, but I haven't tried it and can't say for sure.

4. Matt89 macrumors newbie

where do I get biteSMS? do I have to have the phone jailbroken? I'm interested in doing this

5. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

Can get it from Cydia and yes, you need to be JB'ed. Its 1 of 3 apps that i CAN NOT live without. Dare i say, the ONLY reason i JB.

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

hm... you are in the iphone hacks section. Of cuz you get answer that needs jailbreaking. If you don't wish to jailbreak and get custom ringtones then post it in the iphone section!

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ToneFX is probably the "easiest" so is via winterboard