Easiest way to add gba roms and psx isos!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by touchkid, Jan 11, 2008.

1. touchkid macrumors member

2. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I think I'm having Deja Vu here..I remember a thread that posted something like this. Ah yeah, it is and was locked with a nice little reminder saying something like...

Things Not to Do
    These are usually not instantly bannable - but will likely get you edited and/or warned.
    Useless posts. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed.
    Off-topic posts. Off-topic posts will be deleted/edited. If you keep doing it see #5.
    Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites or software whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.
    "Trolling". Do not post in order to anger other members or intentionally cause negative reactions. For a given post, this can be a subjective call, but a pattern of such posting or an especially egregious case will get you banned. Basically, don't try to pick fights. Knowingly posting false information is also prohibited.
    Any ongoing actions that make more work for everyone else. If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banne

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

He posted a repository for gba roms. You are supposed to use common sense to only keep roms for games you OWN. Plenty of posts for rom repos have been posted. The legality of it is, delete all roms for games you do not own the cartridge for.

5. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

so you pretty much have to delete all the roms you dont actually own, which for me is none since I don't have any of my older consoles anymore. don't need to get arrested so I'm just deleting whatever games I have on here

6. illweather macrumors regular

Thanks. I got Twisted Metal 2, but damn it's hard to play that game with virtual buttons. But still dope that it can be played on the iPod touch.

I just think Apple is missing out on a potentially huge market by not including some games with the touch, though I'm sure that could change soon...But still, seems like they coulda sold more of these things if they chose to compete against the DS and PSP.

I haven't had a handheld game system for at least 12 years, and now that I have the touch I all of a sudden am thinking about getting a "real" handheld system (which I thought I would never do).

We shall see

7. Klubby macrumors newbie

I have installed the GBA emulator and a few roms. When I try to run any of them, I receive and error at the top of the screen saying something like, "Sorry, but ipSP requires a Gamboa Adance" with the letters sort of scrambled. I see also see the GBA controls, but they are greyed out. Is there an app I'm missing?

ETA: Nevermind. Found gba Bios and installed that. It's working now.

8. HackerAlert macrumors newbie

Hey guys it's me, the person who runs these repo's

We really need a new server, the one we were on, well the repo used 200GB a day so it couldn't handle it..We need to raise money so we can get an offshore dedicated server, what will cost us around 250 a month, the adsense on the page helps us too =].

Please donate if you can, or if you know anyone who would be willing to support us, please spread the word etc, we just need funding for this month, and I guess adsense in the next months mixed with tiny bit of donations will help us keep the server alive.

Thank you, now I must go to all the other forums that happen to refer to my website..