Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigeric828

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
well i installed the nes emulator app and i typed in the souce, but when i go to games theirs no bigboss thing

**edit** i got it

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
This may sound dumb...but getting my Touch tomorrow and just want to make sure. It's not necessary to be online to play these games? So many apps seem to need internet connectivity.

SimonP333

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
One thing I would like to point out while typing in the new source.

When you get to the bit NU, for some reason you iPod/iPhone thinks you want to type by, it took me a few tries to realise this, and 'cancel' the 'by' suggestion, this lead to not finding the source, timing out etc.

Hope this helps.

archangel847

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2008
NES roms help!

So im fairly new tot he whole jailbreak thing but im inda getting the hang of it. i downloaded the NES appliance but now i don;t understand what he means about go to sources and add the link that he provided. Can anyone help please?:confused:

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
So im fairly new tot he whole jailbreak thing but im inda getting the hang of it. i downloaded the NES appliance but now i don;t understand what he means about go to sources and add the link that he provided. Can anyone help please?:confused:

You run Installer.app, which presumably you know how to use if you've downloaded the NES emulator itself. Along the bottom row of the screen, at the right hand corner, is a button called "Sources" -- this configures the websites that the Installer will check to get its list of downloadable items.

Click Sources, and you'll see a list (AppTapp Official, Apple's Repository, Community Sources, etc). Click "Edit" in the TOP right corner. Now they're editable. Now click "Add" in the top LEFT corner.

Now you can type in the source name.

Hope that helps!

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
One thing I would like to point out while typing in the new source.

When you get to the bit NU, for some reason you iPod/iPhone thinks you want to type by, it took me a few tries to realise this, and 'cancel' the 'by' suggestion, this lead to not finding the source, timing out etc.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I think for URL's it should stop trying to help out with typing; how many URL's are proper words ey :/

archangel847

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2008
You run Installer.app, which presumably you know how to use if you've downloaded the NES emulator itself. Along the bottom row of the screen, at the right hand corner, is a button called "Sources" -- this configures the websites that the Installer will check to get its list of downloadable items.

Click Sources, and you'll see a list (AppTapp Official, Apple's Repository, Community Sources, etc). Click "Edit" in the TOP right corner. Now they're editable. Now click "Add" in the top LEFT corner.

Now you can type in the source name.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!! Thats exactly what u needed sum1 2 tell me how to do!:D

ganzd

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
What is Happening?!?!

About how long should a download of the "Bigboss NES Roms Pack 1" take on an 8bg ipod touch with 2 bars of wifi?!! Thanks.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
I finally jailbroke my ipod for the first time tonight and did the nes emulator. It said to me when I finished d/ling that I have to delete games thta I don't already own since this illegal? Should I do this or don't worry about it? I don't want to get in trouble or anything

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
^ Hmm, I don't remember that when I did it but like anything on the dodgy side of the law, as long as you don't get caught you're cool. If it really worries you then you could hide the NES icon with Customize so no one would be any the wiser.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Hmmm I added the source correctly (i re enetered it again to make sure) and in the games tab i dont see any games pack. WHats goin on? Also, the source is listed under "unstable sources" in the source list. That doesnt sound good.

Edit: Nevermind about the unstable sources, its actually in "uncategorized". still now showing any games tho.

Mhaddy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2005
Canada
i just added the source to my iphone and also couldn't find any bigboss nes roms pack games..

Same problem as the above two posters - double and triple checked the spelling of my URL source, but the Big Boss pack is not showing in the Games category.

ethan101

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2006
deleting games

is it as easy as uninstalling the emulator to delete the games or is it more complicated then that?

Thanks
Ethan

jayhawkman34

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2008
Help

I jailbroke yesterday. i want the nes roms but i dont no what SFTP is. i believe it is some find of sile transfter program but i am not i could not get winSCP to connect with my ipod and i already have the .zip for the NES ROMS on the computer and the NES emulator on the ipod. some one please tell me how to transfer the NES ROMS!

Thanks

Slip

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Wiltshire, England
I jailbroke yesterday. i want the nes roms but i dont no what SFTP is. i believe it is some find of sile transfter program but i am not i could not get winSCP to connect with my ipod and i already have the .zip for the NES ROMS on the computer and the NES emulator on the ipod. some one please tell me how to transfer the NES ROMS!

Thanks

There are hundreds of threads and guides across the net concerning this, a google search or a search of this forum would probably be your best shot. Wiki is also handy for information on those trick acronyms ;)

trojanalex

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Ahhh

ive tried to add that source a million times and everytime i do it that bigboss app doesnt come up
help please :(

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I think im doing everything right, but it still won't work

first i download the NES emulator, then i go to sources and add http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist (which comes up as Uncategorized), but then when i check the game section there is no big boss pack, am i missing something

ive tried to add that source a million times and everytime i do it that bigboss app doesnt come up
help please :(

please read posts before posting

repo no longer exist, but the roms are still there http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/nesroms1.zip
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.