Easiest way to do a Clean, Minimalist Snow Leopard Install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aCondor, Sep 27, 2011.

1. aCondor macrumors 6502

I've got a problem... I love clean computers. I love organization. And I love downloading. These... do not blend.

So every six months or so I like to do a clean install of my operating system. I transfer my files to an external hard drive, purge the drive and start over.

Well, I want to wean myself off of this habit. No more clean inst- okay, one LAST clean install. But this one should be perfect. The grande finale of all SL fresh installations.

Does anyone else here continually re-fresh their OSX? Is it smart, a waste of time, useless, a hazard? Post your thoughts about it here.

I'm aiming to do the minimalist re-fresh. I don't want or need access to over 100 languages or any other of the unused extras that come bundled with Snow Leopard. Any advice or tips?

2. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

just installed snow leopard on this imac last week...what i did

-erased with one time zero pass
    -customize install (essential system software only)
    -once complete,i set system preferences
    -update update update
    -install carbon copy,clone drive to portable usb harddrive

now if i ever feel need to do clean install i just plugin usb drive,keyboard "option" key before chime sound,pick usb harddrive to boot from,disk utilities,erase (main internal drive),run carbon copy and reclone poratable drive back to main internal drive,reboot "option" key select main internal drive

done