EASIEST way to get 1.1.3 apps/wiggly icons etc

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by andybno1, Jan 26, 2008.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

BEFORE YOUR ADD THIS TO INSTALLER MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BSD SUBSYSTEM INSTALLED

------------------IF YOUR HAVE A 1.1.2 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

add the following to sources: http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

when installer refreshes go back to install and scroll down till you see "1.1.3 JailBreak+Apps", install "1.1.3 Jailbreak+iPhone..." Confirm the install and now you have maybe 30 mins to an hours wait here while the iPod downloads and installs the jailbroken 1.1.3 firmware. You may think part way in that it has frozen but DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, eventually it will reboot the ipod touch into the 1.1.3 jailbroken firmware and tada you have 1.1.3 with all the bells and whistles.

------------------IF YOUR HAVE A 1.1.2 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

------------------IF YOUR ALREADY IN A 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

add the following to sources: http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

when installer refreshes go back to install and scroll down till you see "iPhone 1.1.3 Applications", install "The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps" exit installer and tada you have 1.1.3 with all the bells and whistles.

I can confirm the mail app works 100% yahoo mail works (which is great for me :D). If you get a error message when using mail about no password, go back to installer, iPhone 1.1.3 Applications and install the 1.1.3 fix mail and then go to settings --> mail --> <email account> and re-enter your password and all will be working.

------------------IF YOUR ALREADY IN A 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

I can confirm this works I used it twice on my touch (I botched something up and had to restore nothing to do with the firmware)

2. mowlavie91 macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Dude i love u man, this is great, i was looking for this all night because i jailbroke mine with the ibrickr software then i ended up with no apps, i even tried installing the mail.app and everything from the apple repo resource, but this not workz, will thanks!! :)

3. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

seems this repo got raped lol the bandwidth limit has been reached so this will be down for a while

4. silvershadow68 macrumors newbie

Guys,
    by doing this the quickway, will it also be installing any extra stuff that was ment for the iphone only , or does this version from ipodtouchmaster, just come with the $20 dollar apps + the wiggle ment for the ipod touch

cheers

5. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have updated a new repository (dutch one) I can confirm this works 100% no extra iPhone stuff is added just get what the jan upgrade offers for free :D

6. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Thanks bro, I just tried your way of doing the 1.1.3 jailbreak and it returned my ipod touch to the original factory settings. 100% standard. no apps , no nothing?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

8. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

i can't get the restore for 1.1.1 to work for me. I am so mad . it sucks, Its not your fault. I just want my 1.1.2 jail break back!!

9. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

remove 7.6 and install 7.5 you'll be able to downgrade to 1.1.1

10. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

how do I do that?
    IM me on AIM
    xxblazin28xx

11. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

your saying you dont know how to unistall a program? :confused: and google for iTunes 7.5??

when this is installed just hold the shift key (if using windows) or options key (on mac) then press restore and point iTunes to the 1.1.1 restore file on your pc/mac.

12. hecks macrumors regular

Personally I found darkphan's Springboard patcher better & cleaner than the hacked-up solutions on Installer. It has the advantage of using your own copies of Springboard and the apps, and is easily reversible:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=229458&postcount=157

13. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

merely posted this for the more non technical user as I they may get lost doing something manually

14. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

Decided to re-write my post to fit in how to jailbreak from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 via same repository, hope this saves people a lot of time and confussion on which jailbreak to use cause if had any jailbreak to recomend it would be this one

be good if they made stickys on this forum

15. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

I used the DEV method to jailbreak through installer. Updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken, I assume, since Installer and Customize are still there. All the Apps are gone though. Tried to install apps with the DEV approach, the iGuy approach and the madpike approach and still can't get the Apps on my Touch. Is the ipodtouchmaster approach foolproof? Do I have to uninstall my Apps from the 1.1.2 jailbreak first? Thanks.

16. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

no need to unistall anythig, its just like installing as normal install exit and you will be greeted with a popup box about having the the 1.1.3 upgrade installed dismiss and you should have full 1.1.3 upgrade installed

17. mikeinmontreal macrumors member

Thanks. I will try that later when I am at home.

18. felpot macrumors newbie

not sure if i did something wrong, but i jailbroke my 1.1.2 and then followed your instructions...all seemed to work fine for a few minutes...i turned my back on the ipod touch for literally 2 minutes came back and the screen was dead...nothing was working so i had to hook up with itunes and reset and it forced 1.1.3 on me...

took me 3 months to get the balls to jailbreak and i got a good 3 hours out of it - ah well, now i gotta search how to jailbreak 1.1.3 somewhere around here