Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
BEFORE YOUR ADD THIS TO INSTALLER MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BSD SUBSYSTEM INSTALLED

------------------IF YOUR HAVE A 1.1.2 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

add the following to sources: http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

when installer refreshes go back to install and scroll down till you see "1.1.3 JailBreak+Apps", install "1.1.3 Jailbreak+iPhone..." Confirm the install and now you have maybe 30 mins to an hours wait here while the iPod downloads and installs the jailbroken 1.1.3 firmware. You may think part way in that it has frozen but DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, eventually it will reboot the ipod touch into the 1.1.3 jailbroken firmware and tada you have 1.1.3 with all the bells and whistles.

------------------IF YOUR HAVE A 1.1.2 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

------------------IF YOUR ALREADY IN A 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

add the following to sources: http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

when installer refreshes go back to install and scroll down till you see "iPhone 1.1.3 Applications", install "The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps" exit installer and tada you have 1.1.3 with all the bells and whistles.

I can confirm the mail app works 100% yahoo mail works (which is great for me :D). If you get a error message when using mail about no password, go back to installer, iPhone 1.1.3 Applications and install the 1.1.3 fix mail and then go to settings --> mail --> <email account> and re-enter your password and all will be working.

------------------IF YOUR ALREADY IN A 1.1.3 JAILBROKEN TOUCH------------------

I can confirm this works I used it twice on my touch (I botched something up and had to restore nothing to do with the firmware)

mowlavie91

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2007
Thanks!!

courtesy of ipodtouchmaster theres now a extremely easy way to get the jan update after installing 1.1.3

before doing this I did the normal long ibrickr jailbreak for 1.1.3 from jailbroken 1.1.2

BEFORE YOUR ADD INSTALL THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BSD SUBSYSTEM INSTALLED

add the following to sources: http://madpike05.googlepages.com/repo.xml

when installer refreshes go back to install and scroll down till you see ipodtouchmaster, install "The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps."exit installer and tada you have 1.1.3 with all the bells and whistles.

I can confirm the mail app works 100% yahoo mail works (which is great for me :D). If you get a error message when using mail about no password, go back to installer and ipodtouchmaster and install the 1.1.3 fix mail and then go to settings --> mail --> <email account> and re-enter your password and all will be working.

I have had a brief look at the apps and so far all is working including new map features (except locate me as it couldn't locate me :( I appear to be lost in this vast world lol)

Dude i love u man, this is great, i was looking for this all night because i jailbroke mine with the ibrickr software then i ended up with no apps, i even tried installing the mail.app and everything from the apple repo resource, but this not workz, will thanks!! :)

silvershadow68

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
Guys,
by doing this the quickway, will it also be installing any extra stuff that was ment for the iphone only , or does this version from ipodtouchmaster, just come with the $20 dollar apps + the wiggle ment for the ipod touch

cheers

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I have updated a new repository (dutch one) I can confirm this works 100% no extra iPhone stuff is added just get what the jan upgrade offers for free :D

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Thanks bro, I just tried your way of doing the 1.1.3 jailbreak and it returned my ipod touch to the original factory settings. 100% standard. no apps , no nothing?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mattym62

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
i can't get the restore for 1.1.1 to work for me. I am so mad . it sucks, Its not your fault. I just want my 1.1.2 jail break back!!

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
your saying you dont know how to unistall a program? :confused: and google for iTunes 7.5??

when this is installed just hold the shift key (if using windows) or options key (on mac) then press restore and point iTunes to the 1.1.1 restore file on your pc/mac.

hecks

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2007
Personally I found darkphan's Springboard patcher better & cleaner than the hacked-up solutions on Installer. It has the advantage of using your own copies of Springboard and the apps, and is easily reversible:

darkphan said:
Ok, good news folks. I have updated the patch, and simplified the process. Please be sure you have SSH and the BSD subsytem installed.

Step 1: Download the updated patch from http://www.box.net/shared/bd3kbj9wcs

Step 2: Copy the file to your iPod Touch (using scp, or whatever other method you have in the past)

Step 3: Either SSH to the touch, or using something like the VT100 app, execute the following steps. (Note, some are having issues running this from anything other than via SSH, I would suggest SSH as this is the only method that I tested)

Step 4: (assuming the sbpatcher.tar.gz file is in /var/root, type the following commands (commands you enter will be in red):

Code:

# tar zxvf ~/sbpatcher.tar.gz
sbpatch/
sbpatch/sb_patcher
sbpatch/sb_unpatcher
# cd sbpatch
# ./sb_patcher
Applying patch, please wait, this can take up to 30 seconds...

After the patch is complete, SpringBoard will be restarted. If you wish to revert back to the original SpringBoard, simply run the sb_unpatcher instead of sb_patcher.
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=229458&postcount=157

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Decided to re-write my post to fit in how to jailbreak from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 via same repository, hope this saves people a lot of time and confussion on which jailbreak to use cause if had any jailbreak to recomend it would be this one

be good if they made stickys on this forum

mikeinmontreal

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
I used the DEV method to jailbreak through installer. Updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken, I assume, since Installer and Customize are still there. All the Apps are gone though. Tried to install apps with the DEV approach, the iGuy approach and the madpike approach and still can't get the Apps on my Touch. Is the ipodtouchmaster approach foolproof? Do I have to uninstall my Apps from the 1.1.2 jailbreak first? Thanks.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
no need to unistall anythig, its just like installing as normal install exit and you will be greeted with a popup box about having the the 1.1.3 upgrade installed dismiss and you should have full 1.1.3 upgrade installed

felpot

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
not sure if i did something wrong, but i jailbroke my 1.1.2 and then followed your instructions...all seemed to work fine for a few minutes...i turned my back on the ipod touch for literally 2 minutes came back and the screen was dead...nothing was working so i had to hook up with itunes and reset and it forced 1.1.3 on me...

took me 3 months to get the balls to jailbreak and i got a good 3 hours out of it - ah well, now i gotta search how to jailbreak 1.1.3 somewhere around here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.