Easiest way to get a video into Camera Roll

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by afd, Dec 6, 2013.

1. afd macrumors 6502a

I've been trying to get a downloaded video (downloaded from PC) into the Camera Roll on an iPad. The video is an MP4 H264 format. I managed to copy it to the camera roll by copying it to GoodReader via iTunes, then opening in iMovie on iPad and then exporting to camera roll. I also tried copying to the DCIM folder on a SD card and using camera adapter but the file wasn't shown.

Has anyone got any getter suggestions?

2. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Convert to itunes compatible format via handbrake software. Add to itunes library. Move from itunes library to iPad.

If already in correct format, skip first step.

Pretty much what I do when I copy DVDs to itunes, then put on iPad for airplane watching.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Does handbrake decrypt too now? I have a bunch of DVD's I'd like to rip and put on my devices as well.

4. caesarp macrumors 6502a

I think it does, but I generally use DVDFAB's free ripping product to rip DVDs to my hard drive. I then point handbrake at it to convert to itunes format.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Thanks for the info I'll check it out. Do you know if there is a way to rip a DVD and keep the chapters intact?

6. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for reply but I want to get the video into the Camera Roll not the Movies app.

7. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Try this. Plug ipad into computer. Then drag movie fie to camera roll folder. You can see folder of photos like any camera.

8. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

That won't work on a Mac, it doesn't show up in the finder as a disk like it would in windows. I'm fairly certain I've tried that before and it did't work, copied fine but didn't show up on iPad. I'll give it a go when I get to work on Monday.

9. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a