Easiest way to get correct album art in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stringtheorist, Apr 5, 2008.

1. stringtheorist macrumors regular

iTunes invariably pulls in incorrect album art or can't find it. Is there an easier way of sourcing and importing new album art than Googling it and copying to my hard drive? It seems to me there ought to be some facility for users to share album art collectively via a central database...?

2. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

gimme some tunes is a fantastic little app.
    It will get artwork and lyrics from the net. Make sure you check the preferences first as im sure there not enabled by default.

3. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

4. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know how to replace the existing artwork in the Cover Flow view with the newly imported art in Gimme Some Tune? It doesn't want to overwrite it.

5. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

is it only coverflow that it doesnt work on???
    does it work when the albums are in list view??
    Right click on a song and click get info then look at artwork.
    I'm not at my mac right now but will have a look later.

6. todd2000 macrumors 68000

7. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

Album art appears in the Info panel for the track but not in Coverflow. In fact the only place the new artwork appears is in the bottom left hand corner. Album art for other tracks from the same album remain as they were.

8. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

9. todd2000 macrumors 68000

You have to select all of the songs that you want to apply the album art to in iTunes first. Then click Import to iTunes.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Re: Coverflow displaying different artwork

Those files have embedded artwork and you must 'Get Info' then paste the new artwork into the Artwork Box.

11. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

theres also a great script you can get from doug's itunes scripts that allows you to play each song for say 10 seconds, enough time for gimme some tunes to collect the artwork and lyrics. saves alot of time.