Easiest way to JB my 4.1 iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alldat, Oct 19, 2010.

1. alldat macrumors regular

Hi, I haven't jailbroken my phone in a while, and I'm interested in doing it again mainly to change up my theme and get that biteSMS app. There's all these applications with snow and rain in the title and I was just wondering which one is the best / fastest / easiest way to JB my phone? I have a Mac btw.

Thanks.:)

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I used limera1n to JB for the first time the other day. Very easy, very straight forward.

3. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

Ditto. I did an iPhone 4 and iPad with Limera1n. Both were extremely easy. Greenpois0n is also equally as easy and reliable.

4. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

me too. I had the file dowloaded for a while but was to nervous to go thru with it. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and did a sleepwalk jailbreak. Go for it!

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.01, jailbroken with JailBreakMe. Love it, but the proximity sensor issues are driving me insane. It keeps getting muted or switched to speakerphone in my pocket, and my cheek has hung up on several calls.

Can I simply upgrade to 4.1 proper through Apple/iTunes and then run Limera1n?

6. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I too, was wondering how to upgrade. About an hour ago, I followed the tutorial below (starting at step 4):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1028140

Took about 30 minutes tops. Now I'm at 4.1 with the old 1.59.00 baseband. Tested out the proximity sensor issue, GONE like the wind!