Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrypaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
(This question is cross posted to MacOsxHints.com)

I have a very dead video on my late 2007 13" MacBook 3,1 -- replacement of the cheaper parts didn't fix it, and it is not worth investing any more money into it.

I want a setup that looks more or like this (minus the Old Spice):

Lidless MacBook Pro

The teardown sites look like over kill to me. What is the easiest way to remove this and still have a functioning MacBook.

BTW - It looks like I'll lose AirPort, because the antennae is in the lid. Anyway to make the antennae external?

Thanks!
Henry

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(This question is cross posted to MacOsxHints.com)

I have a very dead video on my late 2007 13" MacBook 3,1 -- replacement of the cheaper parts didn't fix it, and it is not worth investing any more money into it.

I want a setup that looks more or like this (minus the Old Spice):

Lidless MacBook Pro

The teardown sites look like over kill to me. What is the easiest way to remove this and still have a functioning MacBook.

BTW - It looks like I'll lose AirPort, because the antennae is in the lid. Anyway to make the antennae external?

Thanks!
Henry

tear the MacBook apart, unscrew all 6 hinge screws, disconnect the LCD data cable, backlit cable, 2 Airport cable. Next buy this its a MacBook Pro 13" WiFi antenna its in the hinge cover of the 13" MBP, it will work with your MacBook because the antenna connectors are the same. Now you can completely remove the LCD display and connect the MBP 13" antenna to the Airport Card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.