Easiest way to pre-order 2 phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozshadow, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ozshadow macrumors regular

Do you have to order one at a time or can two be added to the cart at once?

Do I use the appleid associated with the joint iTunes account ? The iCloud/messenger appleid is different for one.

2. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

When I pre-ordered the 4S from the Verizon website I was able to buy 2 at once. They shipped them to us with the phone numbers already set to a specific phone.

4. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

I didn't think you could order multiple at once (at least initially at launch).

Maybe someone else knows better than I do.

5. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Practice ordering a 5S right now ... you will see the steps and be prepared for what to do tonight. Just don't click the final "buy" button :)

I'm pretty sure that you will be able to add both phones to your cart at once, although the danger is that if the Apple servers are overwhelmed, you could get 3/4 of the way through the process and have everything lost because of server issues. In years past, it has taken me a long time to get through all the hung servers.

Personally, I am planning on ordering them one at a time (mine first since I am more impatient than my wife :)

And you can buy the phones with whatever Apple ID you like ... you just need to enter the phone #, billing zip code, and last 4 of the social security # of the account owner for the phones you are buying.

To prepare your Apple ID, log in to the iOS Apple Store app, click on your account, and see if you have a credit card entered (and make sure it is the one you want to use).

p.s. In the past, using the Apple iOS app has worked better than trying to order on the computer. I don't know if that will be the case tonight or not.

6. EnJaNir macrumors member

In the past when preordering from apple you were only allowed to do one phone at a time.

7. meetsam23 macrumors regular

meetsam23

my first reply here. I asked the same question to the apple rep and he said they have limited 2 iPhones per order and we can add 2 in a single order in a single session.:)

8. keeganxt macrumors regular

Just attempted to add two ipihone 5s's, one under my number and one under my wifes, and it said you can only purchase one carrier activated phone at a time. It wouldn't let me checkout until i removed one of them.