iPhone Easiest way to restore/wipe all cydia tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lordofthereef, Apr 26, 2013.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

For the last couple of days I have been having terrible battery life. To check, I charged my phone to full before going to bed last night and when I woke up roughly seven hours later, my battery was at 92%. Generally, it would still be at 100%, maybe 99%. So something is amiss.

I don't want to restore just yet since I will lose my ability to jail break. What I want to know is if there is a way to just wipe everything I have installed from cydia (without manually selecting each item and potentially real ringing with each deletion; time consuming). I have a backup, so I can easily get it all back if need be.

This is an iPhone 5, by the way, so I'm not nexessarilymsuspiciousnof hardware issues.

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Check this out http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1568493

I ran the newest version this morning and it works fine. It does not remove gridlock 2.0 for whatever reason though, so if you have that installed, you'll have to remove it manually.

3. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Wow. That is exactly what I needed. And so easy! Thanks!

I did panic a bit because on reboot I had a basically
    Blank springboard and the icons slowly started to repopulate. I had... Never seen that before!

Anyway, thanks again. Here is to hoping that fixes the problems I've been having. :)

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

You're welcome, happy that I could help.

I've noticed that I need to do a couple of reboots after running ilex, because for whatever reason packages in cydia don't want to show up. So, if you don't see anything in cydia, just reboot (not respring) a couple of times. :)

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

When i uninstalled gridlock 2.0 my icons were all out of order and when I reinstalled it my icons were back to normal. Before I in jailbroke I moved the icons so where it looked like I did not have gridlock installed so the icons would not move to random spots when I restored from backup.

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2

6. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

So this fixed the issue. Not sure what it was, though I suspect maybe intelliscreen? I did tell intelliscreen not to update facebook and twitter feeds. I basically wanted it for the weather and the quick toggles.

Anyway, I had no icon altering apps, aisde from 5 icon dock (could that be the issue?) which is why I was so shocked that this made the icons disappear. It was really strange. My springboard started out with almost no icons (aside from SOME stock Apple ones) and then began populating. It loaded much like desktop icons might load on a slow PC, for lack of a better comparison. Very strange, but all is well now. Thinking I will install one tweak at a time and see how things go. The only thing I REALLY wanted was pandoraskips, since I listen to a lot of Pandora during my runs. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have missed JB too bad.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

That happens any time you delete the springboard IconState cache plist file. I assume the technique posted deletes this file as well. If so, that's why all the icons disappeared and then slowly reappeared.

8. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Interesting. I bet five icon dock alters that file and therefore it was deleted. Thanks for the tip!