Easiest way to run windows on a Mac for jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Jun 27, 2015.

1. bobright macrumors 601

how hard or easy is this? Does it require purchasing windows or is there a free way to do it?

I hear certain versions of iTunes don't work how about when running from a Mac?

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Windows 10 preview is free and able to run TaiG.

Regardless to run the software on a Mac or PC, as long as you are using the Windows version TaiG, you better install the 12.0.1 iTunes. Of course, I mean the Windows version. Anything in the OSX side (including iTunes) will not affect the result of JB.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thank for the help. I've ran windows in the past before so I'm familiar with it, is it a pretty easy process as far as the installs go?

So it would go something like install the free trial, then when in windows download iTunes? It won't interfere with my Mac iTunes version at all right (as I've got tons of organized music in my library)?

4. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

If you are running parallels it is as if it's a completely different computer, zero file sharing

5. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Check out this video on YouTube:

It's from my friends at IDB

Enjoy : )

6. phoni macrumors member

phoni

Thank you Jeff!

Been at 40% for three days.

For anyone who might also be stuck, follow the instructions in the video, and in about an hour you will be jailbroken.

7. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks but ended up going to a friends house who has windows. I do need to go through with this sometime though, would like to have that ability on my Mac.