Easiest way to share files with students(docs, pictures, ppt/keynote)?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Jan 27, 2012.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have a Tumblr blog up and going for my students, just so I can post what was covered during the day, the notes, powerpoint or keynote presentations, etc. I'm also trying the whole iBook Textbook thing but it will need to be updated so I need a good way for them to grab the latest version without dealing with the iBook store.

What web service is best to use to have those files ready for download? I would love to be able to just post a link and have them download the file hopefully without having to create an account or anything.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

DropBox is the perfect solution. It's free for the first 2GB of storage.

3. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I use Dropbox for things like that
    Put it in the "Public" folder and share the link
    Free account

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Oh. I didn't even know you could do that with Dropbox. Perfect solution since I have all my files on there anyway to transfer between my home Mac and my work Mac.

Thanks guys!

5. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Yep. I use a dropbox account on all of my lab's computers, which is shared to all of my personal and work computers. Perfect solution.