Easiest way to transfer iphoto album info?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orangesparkz, Jul 9, 2007.

1. orangesparkz macrumors newbie

I need to know how to get the album information in iphoto transfered to my laptop with iphoto.
    Here's what happened.
    I stupidly updated to iphoto 6 when the drive it was on was near capacity. So when it was updating the library it ran out of room and gave me an error that it could not complete the update. When iphoto opens now it has 1/2 the photo in the albums and the rest are empty. I tryed to import the photos, but it says they are not recognized and can't import.
    So I put the files on my external to transfer to my laptop. I imported all the original files from the folder into iphoto 6 on the laptop. How do I get the photo's back into the albums I originally created? Please don't tell me it's impossible. I have 8500+ photos to reorganize!
    I included a screen shot of the two iphoto folders. The one on the right is the new library, the left is the old library.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

This is tricky 'cause the whole layout of iPhoto 6's folders is different... Try rebuilding the library and see if that makes any sense of it all. :eek: