Easily rename TV shows within iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by keegan4123, Mar 5, 2013.

1. keegan4123 macrumors newbie

Sooo the basics of what I am doing:
    Download tv show package from bittorrent...
    Import to itunes
    play on apple tv.

Im currently downloading the files, converting as needed to .mp4, then renaming with filebot to maintain season and ep numbers. manually importing to itunes, batch get info to change video type to tv, and add series and season numbers

I would like to simplify the steps, and use, vuze device playback to achieve the itunes import by a simple drag and drop, but once it is in itunes, it has the typical long file format that is complicated ie// given.show.title.05x03.hdtv.jammer.whatever.whocares.1998 as well as no season and episode info.

File bot works great, and ill probably stick with it because it does a search and rename the given file to: Given Show Title 5x03 This is a great episode.mp4

Is there any itunes addons available that would accomplish the same task as filebot and batch rename and change file info within itunes, such as tuneup does with music??

2. keegan4123 thread starter macrumors newbie

update:

Filebot works along side itunes, i can drag files from itunes to filebot and rename, and once it is played it changes the name. However it still does not change meta data within the file for video type, season, and show.