Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
When i got the first update that my Mini had shipped (ordered last friday night), it was showing a Saturday delivery. I assumed from the "Home Delivery-Indirect" that is was a hand-off to the Post Office hence the Aug 2- saturday - date.

But when Fed Ex updated it with their info, they changed it to a date of today. Great - but is it really going to happen??

The tracking is showing it still in transit from Reno..... if it is going to my Ground station - they, well, ya, stink (i used to have to call them when i was getting a package so they didn't return it).

AND, will Ground/Home Delivery be delivering it - OR will the post office? We have a decent Ground guy right now (that is willing to LOOK for my house instead of returning packages), but my mail carrier.... LOL!

Anyway, i don't care either way about when it arrives - i just don't want to leave the house and not have the "sign for it" up. But i hate advertising that i'm getting something too you know?

Thanks!

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I tracked my Penryn mbp from Shanghai to my home, Fedex expected "overnight" delivery to take 4 days, but it ended up being 6 business days. Partly because the factory didn't ship until the day after it was prepared for shipment. I read on the FedEx site that Overnight expedited services can only be guaranteed once the package enters the CONUS and passes customs. One whole day of the journey was spent just in customs... The original arrival was on friday, after being delayed in the factory for a day that took me to saturday, it traveled overseas on Saturday/Sunday, was trackable in the CONUS on monday and finally was delivered to my house on Tuesday. I think Fedex did their job pretty well but Apple dropped the ball on getting it out ontime.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
The customs would make sense...

Mine is a refurb shipping from CA though, so Apple said Saturday before FedEx picked it up on Monday, then when Fed Ex got it - they changed it to Today on my end only apparently. Hers is showing saturday still.

Right now it's in transit from Reno to FL - the today thing didn't make sense since it was coming ground. It's all the husbands fault - he cheaped out on me and didn't let me spring for the $15 shipping and i would have had it yesterday. HMPH.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I just wanted to update that it arrived this morning!

seems to be working, having an issue with my Elgato 250+ though (no sound), and the logistics of 2 computers at this desk is gunna stink :(

But, the Mini is here!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.