Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
If you are talking about it in terms of tax, I think it is in any state that has an apple store, bu I am not sure

Your statement is true, any state that has an Apple Store would require Apple to charge sales tax.

I'm just going to wait for it to become available at the Apple Store, and after I see it with my own eyes. I would probably buy it at the end of March. I also want to wait and hear feedback from the first group of buyers. I'm in no rush anymore.:mad:

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Looks like I am not buying it... from apple or best buy, or walmart, or sams club. I am goin tax-free!!! MACMALL.COM

Some States (like Florida) still would expect you to pay sales tax for your purchase regardless, unless you are going to resell it. I don't know how they enforce this, but if you get caught you'll be in big trouble I'm sure.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Nope.

If I was smart I would sleep in till 8, get up place my order and spend the rest of my day off chillin.
But I NEED to have one NOW:rolleyes: so I will get up at 8 but then I'm off to the store to get one.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Isn't this time frame just a rumor?

I see nowhere on the Apple site that this is so. Just some post that they talked to an agent (as if agents where reliable).

For all we know it may be 9am.

If it is, the joke's on anyone who keeps trying all night long

(could do some damage) LOL

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Isn't this time frame just a rumor?

I see nowhere on the Apple site that this is so. Just some post that they talked to an agent (as if agents where reliable).

For all we know it may be 9am.

If it is, the joke's on anyone who keeps trying all night long

(could do some damage) LOL
No I confirmed it though Apple its the correct time.

gatech2

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
If you are talking about it in terms of tax, I think it is in any state that has an apple store, bu I am not sure

I live in Georgia and was wondering if can be ordered one past midnight
our time.
Thanks for reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.